12.20.2014

Mary's Journal Entry 15: Search for Jesus

Previously in this series:
Mary's Journal Entries:
Introduction 1:The Announcement;  2:Elizabeth Visit;  3:Return Home from Elizabeth;  4:After Telling Joseph;  5:Joseph's Revelation;  6:Planning for a Trip;  7:Traveling to Bethlehem8: Arrival In Bethlehem  9: He's Here!!  10: Visitors in the Night   11:Visit to the Temple   12: Running to Egypt  13: Murder of Boys  14: .Return to Nazareth 

The following as if journaled from the perspective of Mary, the mother of Jesus...
~~~~~ 

I am beside myself.  I must write just to clear my mind and attempt to make some sense of what has occurred.  We came to Jerusalem for the Passover just like we have done every year the past 12 years since Jesus was born.  We did nothing out of the ordinary.  We completed the time there and began our journey home.  We were sure Jesus was with the other boys.  We traveled one full day before realizing… no one had seen him.

He is gone.  We can’t seem to figure out who the last person was that saw him.  We have asked everyone we know, friends and family alike, and no one has seen him. 

We are heading back to Jerusalem to search.  Oh my God. Are you sure you made the right choice in selecting me to be his mother, the mother of your son?!??!  I have to be honest… I feel like a pretty bad mother right now.  I have lost my son!  I have lost Jesus!   

But you have not lost him…. Your Son.

Jehovah, please be our provider of direction as we look for Jesus. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~