12.02.2014

Mary's Journal Entry 2: The Elizabeth Visit

Previously in this series:
Mary's Journal Entry: Intro
Mary's Journal Entry 1: The Announcement

The following as if journaled from the perspective of Mary, the mother of Jesus...

~~~~~
I have arrived.  It was a long trip but didn’t seem nearly as long as it could have.  I was eager to arrive, to see Elizabeth, to talk with her, to share with her, to tell her. 

My God is so very good to me.  He blesses me beyond what I deserve.  He went ahead of me!  My God made it so I didn’t even have to tell her.  He spoke the words for me.   

As soon as I greeted dear Elizabeth, she was filled with the Holy Spirit.  Her baby in her womb even responded.  She shared it was a movement like nothing she’s ever felt.  Almost like the wee one was leaping in joy.

In an excitedly loud voice (everyone in this town now must surely know my news now) she exclaimed, “Blessed are you among women and blessed is the child in your womb.  But why am I so favored and blessed that the mother of my Lord should come to me and visit me?”   

She knew!!

The next words she said impacted me in a way she’ll never know… “Blessed woman, who believed what God said, believed every word would come true." 

She called me blessed because of my faith… my faith alone! 

I couldn’t contain my joy any longer.  Elizabeth understood my fear, my confusion, my apprehensions, my joy, my excitement and my utter amazement at what lies ahead.  I burst out in song.  Right there in the main room.  If neighbors were peering in they got an eyeful. (ha ha)  But I don’t even care!
"Oh, how my soul praises the Lord.  How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior!  For he took notice of his lowly servant girl, and from now on all generations will call me blessed.

For the Mighty One is holy, and he has done great things for me.  

He shows mercy from generation to generation to all who fear him.  His mighty arm has done tremendous things!  
He has scattered the proud and haughty ones.
He has brought down princes from their thrones and exalted the humble.
He has filled the hungry with good things and sent the rich away with empty hands.
He has helped his servant Israel and remembered to be merciful.
For he has made this promise to our ancestors, to Abraham and his children forever."
~Luke 1:46-56

* Pleasant Sigh*… It was wonderful.  Elizabeth and I, rejoicing and sharing together in the impossible.

My God, my Jehovah, my Provider… He provided the words for me so that I didn’t have to speak them.  Perhaps He will do the same with Joseph?! 

Oh, my dear sweet Joseph.  How will He ever understand?  Will he also believe??

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~