12.10.2014

Mary's Journal Entry 8: Arrival in Bethlehem

Previously in this series:
Mary's Journal Entries:
Introduction 1:The Announcement;  2:Elizabeth Visit;  3:Return Home from Elizabeth;  4:After Telling Joseph;  5:Joseph's Revelation;  6:Planning for a Trip;  7:Traveling to Bethlehem  

The following as if journaled from the perspective of Mary, the mother of Jesus...
~~~~~
Bethlehem.  First impressions?  Crowded, chaotic, noisy.  There are people everywhere.  So many people.  I have been bumped, pushed, and shoved from every direction with all the people in this tiny town.   

We are looking for a place to stay.  It has not been successful so far.  After our quick bite of lunch we are eating, we will be back at it.  I’m not very picky at this point.  I just want a sturdy roof over my head, a warm bed for my body, and perhaps warm water for a bath.  

 I think once those 3 things are accomplished… I could sleep for weeks!  Exhausted doesn't even seem a word capable to explain how my body is feeling.  

Once we're settled I also plan to find some time to just sit and share here more of what's on my heart.  Yes, that will be one of the first things I will do!... once we find a place.

 In the midst of it all, my Jehovah has provided inner quiet.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~