12.03.2014

Mary's Journal Entry 3: Return Home from Elizabeth

Previously in this series:
Mary's Journal Entry: Intro
Mary's Journal Entry 1: The Announcement
Mary's Journal Entry 2: Elizabeth Visit

The following as if journaled from the perspective of Mary, the mother of Jesus...

~~~~~
It has been only days since I have returned from Elizabeth’s.  What a glorious time it was!  I can’t begin to describe what it did for my heart and soul to share with her the scriptures of old and to share my heart’s thoughts with all that has transpired. 

Although I had a marvelous time with Elizabeth these last 3 months…it is good to be home.  I have been so tired, but thankfully the nausea is beginning to pass. 

I wonder how long I will be able to call this place home?  Once the news is out that I am expecting I will most likely be...

Misunderstood
Alone
An Outcast  
Shunned

I may even be stoned to death... 

No, not to death.  I trust in my heart I will not die.  Gabriel said this is the Son of God I carry.  He will be my Jehovah, my Provider of safety.  But I know the thoughts and threats of such will probably arise!  

How long will I be welcomed here???  I am not guaranteed that I will not have to flee, to leave everything I’ve known… including my Joseph.

I will be not be able to hide this much longer.  The time has come.  I must share my news.  I will first tell Joseph.

His eyes shone so when I arrived back home.  I searched his response for any sign that God has given him the news.  He appears to know nothing.  He was talking of the day we would be man and wife.  He is continuing with the plans.  Unless God speaks soon… this news has been left up to me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~