10.13.2015

An Invitation. Will You Accept?

Rest.  Peace.  Solitude.  Quiet... Survival.

Life can be so uncertain.  So unknown.  All we know for certain is that there are a lot of unknown's.  Sometimes I get tired.  Tired of the unknown.

At times life's goal might be just to survive, smiling and rejoicing.  To take one day at a time, one decision at a time, one breath at a time.  And in the unknown and busyness, to find time for that so important place...



That place of
     Rest
     Peace
     Solitude
     Quiet 
 





One would think it so simple, to find time to rest.  Personally, I think it is one of the hardest things we are commanded to do.

Physical rest eventually demands it.  Lack of mental rest will lead to insanity.  Emotional rest comes easier after a major breakdown.  But spiritual rest?... a bit harder to come by.

Lord, continue to teach me how to rest in You.  Regardless of the change, the risk, the cost being placed before me.

Give me the willingness to accept it, the strength to face it, the joy to endure it, and the rest to survive it.  Teach me to find my deserted place with You and be willing to stay and rest there awhile.
"Come aside by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while." ~Mark 6:31
~~~~~
* "The earthly obscures the heavenly.  Human voices drown out the voice of God.  The world will confuse you.  Silence will speak more to you in a day than the world of voices can teach you in a lifetime.  Find silence.  Find solitude - and having discovered her riches bind her to your heart."
* "Your busyness wearies Me.  Small wonder you are yourself fatigued!  Your fretfulness grieves Me.  I long to take it from you and give you the balm of Gilead.  I will endow you with life so dynamic that you will serve Me before you have time to even think about putting forth the effort to do so."

* "The moving of my Spirit may at times be inconvenient to the flesh and may at other times be diametrically opposed to reason, but obey Me regardless of the cost.  The more difficult the assignment, the richer the reward."

~~Excerpts from "Come Away My Beloved" by Frances J. Roberts
~~~~~


If it comes to mind, would you please pray that I will readily accept the invitation to rest?  The same invitation with Him has been extended to you as well.  And I am praying that for you...

How are you resting?...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~