5.29.2012

Beware! When You Start... So Will He!

Have you started memorizing Scripture? Are you jumping more fully into a ministry He has called you to?  Are you spending more time with Him?  Are you pushing forward to honor and obey Him in all things?

Beware!  As you do these things, you set yourself up to become a prime target!

The first week I began intensely memorizing my goal passage was the same week my husband began a ministry he has been considering, searching, and praying about for a very long time.  

We encountered spiritual warfare that week more intense than I have navigated for some time.

I should have seen it coming.  I should have expected it.  I should have been ready to stand against it.  I wasn't. 

My human nature wanted to stand against all of those around me instead.  It took a few days to realize what was happening and get back on top of what needed to happen.

From one friend to another... as you actively take on pursuing HIM, the enemy will begin digging in his bag of tricks to detour you.  Don't let him!

Greater is He that is in you than He that is in the world!


10 comments:

  1. Nancygraycejinks11:34 AM

    What is that saying?  If the enemy isn't bothering you, you aren't doing anything for the Lord?  Sounds like you are doing what He wants and that is wonderful!!!  Put on that full armor!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I hear ya ... my husband is currently teaching a series on 'The Armor of God' and I an tell you that since the study began over 2 months ago now there have been attacks that I have not expereinced in a long time.  Very subtle, messing with my emotions attacks but nonetheless he knows how to get me.  I have also found it hard to pray like I have and it is a battle ... but AMEN sister - Greater is HE that is in ME than he that is in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mrspear7:07 PM

    So true!  As is so often the case, I think we are walking similar paths again.  :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so great you write about this spirtuel things. So you can help others to do the same ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. MyQuietCorner8:13 PM

    I didn't even think of it in those terms... Thank you for the great words of encouragement! 

    ReplyDelete
  6. MyQuietCorner8:15 PM

     Shelley, I have noticed my recent attacks have been more subtle than I might expect too, but just as deadly.  Keep up the fight girl!!  Stay the course, finish the race...

    ReplyDelete
  7. MyQuietCorner8:17 PM

    If I have to be walking these paths, I can't think of anyone I'd rather be walking with!  Just wish you weren't getting as beat up too!  {HUGS} and prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  8. MyQuietCorner8:18 PM

     Thank you for these words of encouragement and affirmation regarding what I share and put out for public here in this place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know in my case I do tend to forget there is an enemy who will do what he has to to get us off track from fully pursuing and pressing into the Lord.  It's so easy to attack others when I forget that.  Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. MyQuietCorner9:03 PM

     I find the same thing... easier to attack others than focus on the real enemy.  Trying to keep it more in mind for myself as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~