Another week has gone by which means it's time to review five favorite things of this past week. Thanks, as always, Susanne for hosting yet another week and encouraging us to find the simple, but oh so good to be mindful of.
Jumping right in this week with 5 random things that rose to the top of my favorites list...
1. Freedom: As we celebrated the 4th of July, I spent time reflecting on the sacrifice given by so many to provide for the freedom's I have in this country. I also found myself spending time reflecting on the sacrifice given by One... to provide for the ultimate freedom I have through that One, Jesus Christ.
2. Sunset: One evening I went out to check the garage door. As I looked from my front porch I saw this:
I couldn't help but stop and notice. How many times has there been a beautiful sunset right off my front porch and I'm too busy to notice? sigh...
Just moments later it looked like this:
These pictures don't begin to show the true beauty that it was, but you get the idea. I was grateful that I had taken the moment to slow, notice and enjoy. I have been challenged to slow the pace and notice things around me even more!
3. Mild Sunburn: I am red on my nose, cheeks and arms. Why am I thankful for a sunburn? Because it means the unseasonably cold and rainy weather is a conversation of the past and summer is here! Hello sunshine!
4. Mornings Outside: Anyone that's been here for any length of time probably knows by now that I really do enjoy mornings nice enough to be outside for my personal quiet time. With the warmer weather, this week I have been outside on my back porch more mornings than not. There's just something about it that brings an extra level of quietness and peace not just to that time, but to my day.
You can find my 100 calorie morning coffee recipe here.
And last but certainly not least.......
5. 16 Years: On this day 16 years ago I married my best friend... the man that I thought I loved then, but have found that I love him more and more with each passing year. How is that even possible? And to top it off, not only do I love him in increasing measure; I still really, really like him, A LOT! Happy Anniversary Honey!
What have been the random things of your week that have become favorites?