11.16.2009

Music Monday: Still

Music. I am a lover of music. I can't remember a time in my life that I did not enjoy music. I appreciate a wide variety of music styles. Not only my love of music, but also being the music worship leader at church keeps me immersed in music both new and old.

Music reaches to depths of my soul that often nothing else can penetrate. Music often helps me to define an emotion, think through a situation and focus my heart.

This last week I was encouraged and challenged powerfully by the following song. It was one of those weeks where my emotions seemed to be on a roller coaster.

I sensed that I was beginning to feel the spray from the waves as they increased, possibly leading to a storm on my ocean of life. It seemed my heart began to hear the distant roll of thunder as the storm approached.

I found my heart being reminded that He is King over my flood.

I felt my heart prodded...
* to seek refuge under His wings and His mighty hand
* to find rest in Him alone
* to know his power through quietness and trust

I am being challenged, that as the storm of life potentially approaches... to be still, to cease striving, to know that He is God... even if I find my storm increasing and raging in full force.

Psalm 91:4 "... Under His wings you will find refuge..."
Psalm 29:10 "The Lord sits enthroned over the flood..."
Isaiah 30:15 "... In quietness and trust is your strength..."
Psalm 46: 10 " Be still (cease striving), and know that I am God..."



Still
by Hillsong United

Hide me now
Under Your wings
Cover me
Within Your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father you are King over the flood
I will be still and know You are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father You are king over the flood
I will be still and know You are God



Head over to Shawntele's to see what other's are saying about music they are enjoying.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Is. 30:15 has always been a favorite of mine. I, too, am being called to be still. My memory verse for this week is Ps. 27:8 - My heart has heard you say, "Come and talk with me." And my heart responds, "Lord, I am coming." Aloha! *;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a LOVELY blog you have Donetta!
    Thanks for sharing your music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came back to add my missing "N" in your name above...sorry...you must hate when people do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be still my friend, be still.

    Thank you so much for being a part of Music Monday today, it was such a wonderful surprise to see you linked up! Heehee, don't you love surprises?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that song and have never heard it before. Doylene

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~