2.08.2015

Searching and Satisfaction

Do you have a favorite food?  You know, that one where your find yourself almost giddy that you get to have it!

Now think dessert...

Do you have a favorite dessert?  You know, that one where you don't even immediately swallow it.  You let it linger and melt in your mouth, absorbing every morsel of sweet goodness from it.  Eating it ever so slowly as to savor every last molecule from every bite... dreading the moment when it will be gone.

Now think God and His Word...

When was the last time you pursued God like that of food/dessert?  When you read His Word, savoring and melting into it?  Where you took in a piece, careful to linger in an effort to absorb every last bit of goodness from it.  Partaking every so slowly, dreading the thought of it ever being gone.   
"O God, you are my God;  I earnestly search for you.  My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water.  You satisfy me more than the richest feast." ~Psalm 63:1,5 NLT

When was the last time you longed for Him with everything in your being?  To thirst for more of Him.  To let Him satisfy more than the richest feast.  ("richest of foods"-NIV)

Have you ever?....
"O taste and see that the Lord [our God] is good! Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man who trusts and takes refuge in Him." ~Ps. 34:8 Amp

 What do you need to do to get to that place of wanting, needing, and desiring Him more than anything else?
"O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more.  I am painfully conscious of my need for further grace.  I am ashamed of my lack of desire.  O God, the Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still." ~A.W. Tozer

Take the action and do it!  He promises to satisfy!!!....
"My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food." ~Ps 63:5 ESV

As you seek Him, if you do so with all of your heart, He promises to be found!!
 "If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me." (NLT)
  
“'When you come looking for me, you’ll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed.' God’s Decree." (MSG)
~ Jer. 29:13

Let the search begin and be renewed... satisfied... in Him!!


 

1 comment:

  1. I love the comparison you gave of savoring and lingering. It is so true, we tend to rush through God's word because it's on the to do list. And yet the Lord says "Taste and see that I am good" as you pointed out. Can't do that if we're hurriedly gulping down chunks of the word and taking off out of his presence.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~