10.24.2014

Settling In

Just this last week a couple of you stepped forward to invite me back to this place.  Thank You!

My heart had already started to sense a stirring that perhaps, indeed, it was time to return.  Funny how in the depths of one's being, there is a draw to certain things.  And for reasons not always known, that thing gets set aside from time to time.

These last months have found me being challenged not only in my heart and thinking, but in actions and steps of obedience, with some of the greatest risk and crisis of belief that I have experienced to this point.

It used to be I could see glimpses into my tomorrow's (or so I thought.)  Now, not so much.  It used to be I could tell you who I was (or what I thought my purpose was).  I'm now discovering with these new steps that even that is being stripped away and I am left doing some deep soul searching, seeking, and placing myself at His feet...

Again.

Still.

In this place of new discoveries and learning, one thing I have recognized is that I write.  It fulfills something deep inside that can't be replaced. Words to a paper.  Processing through letters placed together to form thoughts, and questions, and revelations... and just plain ol' rambling thrown in now and then for good measure.

From as far back as I can remember there have been a couple of things that have been a part of my life.  Activities, dreams, hopes... writing has been one of those things.

And in my discoveries of moving forward with who I was created to be in the depths of my being... I find perhaps it is a season to once again put my "pen" to the "paper". I believe it is part of who He created me to be.  If for no one else but myself, if for no other reason than to do what I have found is part of me.

And so once again I find myself in this small quiet corner of the world...

If you are still here... Thank You for being with me in the wait!  The kettle's on.  The throws are out.  The fire's going.  Make yourself at home and settle in.  I would gladly welcome your presence and conversation as I continue forward on this journey that He has me on. 

I'm continually learning to take just one step, one mile, at a time...



 

2 comments:

  1. What a joy to see your comment today in my little bloggy corner of the world! I still consider you to be the greatest result of pressing the "next blog" button ever. God chooses all kinds of different ways to have people's paths cross, and I sure am glad ours did. Welcome back to your quiet corner & thanks for inviting us back in to join you here. May your words collide with your purpose and show God faithful in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I have missed you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~