10.29.2012

One of My Life's Theme Songs

I don't know about you, but so often a song becomes like a "theme song" for me at a certain point in my life.

When I hear various ones, I can tell you exactly what was happening in my life and why that song had so much meaning. Just listening to music is becoming more and more an exercise in remembering God's goodness, faithfulness, and continued challenge and calling in my life.

This song has been that song for me in recent months. And in a very literal way.

When I found myself beginning to waiver in the decisions we were to make, when I began to question whether this was really what we were supposed to be doing... I'd turn on this song and it would help me to re-focus my heart, soul and mind.



I Refuse
By Josh Wilson

Sometimes I, I just want to close my eyes
And act like everyone's alright
When I know they're not
This world needs God
But it's easier to stand and watch
I could say a prayer and just move on
Like nothing's wrong
 But I refuse

Chorus:
'Cause I don't want to live like I don't care
I don't want to say another empty prayer
 Oh, I refuse
To sit around and wait for someone else
To do what God has called me to do myself
Oh, I could choose
Not to move but I refuse

I can hear the least of these
Crying out so desperately
And I know we are the hands and feet
Of You, oh God
 So, if You say move
It's time for me to follow through
And do what I was made to do
Show them who You are

CHORUS

To stand and watch the weary and lost
Cry out for help
I refuse to turn my back
And try and act like all is well
 I refuse to stay unchanged
To wait another day, to die to myself
I refuse to make one more excuse

CHORUS

~~~~~~~
Is there a song that is keeping you challenged and encouraged all at the same time right now?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~