3.10.2012

Precious Promise #9: Jeremiah 31:3-4, 13b

Are you facing a situation that leaves you feeling utterly destroyed and completely defeated? Do you feel like you've been beaten to the ground with no hope of once again experiencing hope, joy and laughter? Take heart!

You are loved. God's love for you has never ceased... and it never will. You will always be loved. Those broken places in your heart and soul will be rebuilt as you give it to God. Surrender the shattered pieces and let Him begin construction once again.


Jeremiah 31: 3-4, 13b
(NLT)  “I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself. I will rebuild you. You will again be happy and dance merrily with your tambourines. I will turn their mourning into joy. I will comfort them and exchange their sorrow for rejoicing.

(MSG)  "I've never quit loving you and never will. Expect love, love, and more love! And so now I'll start over with you and build you up again. You'll resume your singing, grabbing tambourines and joining the dance. I'll convert their weeping into laughter, lavishing comfort, invading their grief with joy."

Instead of weeping, laughter will once again resonate in your being. Your grief will be invaded with the very joy of God. Comfort will be lavished and happiness will dance merrily in the places that now feel destroyed and devastated. Your sorrow will be exchanged for rejoicing!

Trust that the destruction felt in your very heart and soul is not the end. Trust that God is in the business of rebuilding as you give your brokenness to Him. Trust His timing and trust that it is perfect. Trust His plans that are beyond your view. Trust His love for you that has never stopped... and never will!  Trust... HIM!


What promise have you been reminded of this week?


More about "Precious Promises"

5 comments:

  1. Thank you - this was definitely a promise I needed reminding of

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always need this promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donetta, I love your blog. What a great and merciful God do we have. Let's start on Monday to praise Him (I'm not strong in praise - sometimes see too much on the dark side of life, but let's at least try to praise Him for His precious promises.

    What encouraged me is that He always thinks of/to His covenant with us. He does not forget what His hand begins. If we fall into sins ...thanks God, we can always come back to Him. Amazing grace.

    Big hug

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the reminder of this promise.

    I think you need to put all these wonderful promises into a book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. guest9:16 PM

    Thank you for this reminder.  I can't remember when I last laughed - the really hearty kind of laughter.  I have been dwelling too long on my unhappiness I had forgotten God wants me to be happy; that Jesus came to give abundant life. 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~