2.06.2012

Precious Promise #4: Romans 8:26-27

(Amplified Bible)
"The [Holy] Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness; for we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it worthily as we ought, but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads in our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groaning's too deep for utterance. And He Who searches the hearts of men knows what is in the mind of the [Holy] Spirit [what His intent is], because the Spirit intercedes and pleads [before God] in behalf of the saints according to and in harmony with God's will."
(Message)
"The moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves and keeps us present before God."

Does a situation you are facing leave you speechless? Does it go so deep that you aren't even sure how to ask others to pray, or even how to pray yourself? Is the waiting for the situation to be resolved getting long?

The Spirit is praying and interceding for you and on your behalf. He presents you before God and makes sense out of your sighing and groaning.

He knows how to pray. He knows what to ask. He knows better than we even know ourselves. Ask Him to pray on your behalf.

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." --Robert Murray McCheyne, (1813-1843)

3 comments:

  1. This promise is such a precious one Donnetta. I am overwhelmed by the thought of Him praying for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This scripture brings so much comfort! Thanks for the reminder of how the Holy Spirit helps us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this scripture! It does feel like the waiting is long for my son...so long. But I know God has a purpose and the Holy Spirit is interceding, saying those things that I just can't say or that I'm not wise enough to say.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~