5.16.2011

The Things of My Day

Today there is much to get done on my "to do" list.

Nothing that would generate much for lengthy discussions or exciting details here.  Just the normal day-to-day stuff of everyday living that needs to get done but never seems to be completely done... laundry, mopping, dishes... You know the drill.

Then there is dinner to prepare.  The weather of the weekend was so lovely that it found us BBQ'ing hamburgers and even dining outside.  AHH....

We woke to a different story this morning.

The fire was started.  Sweatshirts were donned.  We once again look out into a world of cold and rain.

It didn't take long for me to change my dinner plans.  

I had 2 cups of frozen diced turkey in the freezer.  It has been pulled out and is thawing.  Celery, carrots, onions, and noodles are already on hand.  Dinner is all but ready.


Chicken/Turkey Noodle Soup

4 Qt Broth/ Chicken Bouillon
1/2 - 1 c. chopped celery
1/2 - 1 c. chopped carrots
1/2 onion
2 c. turkey/chicken
pepper (0ptional)
1 pkg Reames noodles (found in the freezer section of the grocery store)

Add ingredients, boil then simmer for 20 minutes



Now to decide what should I put with the soup tonight for dinner?

That about wraps up the plans of my day today.  Of course these things are in addition to the regular school schedules, keeping a toddler entertained, staying warm, and hopes for maybe even getting a bit ahead on my list of "to do's" for another day.

How is your day shaping up?  

3 comments:

  1. Pot roast with carrots and potatoes in the crock pot. Banana bread in the oven. Laundry's going. It's chilly here today as well, so it's sweatshirts and long pants, and maybe a hat if I a walk the dogs. I'd like to do some sewing, but can't seem to get motivated. Your soup looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was restful. I hope your day felt restful :-) We're having up and down weather, too. 80F for a week and then Sunday morning begins with rain. I'm thankful it meant I didn't have to spend time out with a watering can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks warming, and comforting, and EASY! I just know it was as good as it looks. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~