1.14.2011

My Children Have Faith in My Abilities... or Not

Setting the scene:  My daughter was watching Little House on the Prairie.  Laura was sitting at a table in the sunshine, working on her book.  Here's our conversation from there...

Me:  "Now that's what I want.  To be outside on a warm, sunny day with quiet to write."

Son:  "You want to write a book?"

Me: "I have a book idea in mind."

Son: "So, mom's going to be an author when she gets older."

Me:  "Just think of all the money you could have from it."

Son:  "If it's a good book that is."

Daughter (from out of nowhere)"Well, maybe everyone will pay extra because she will be so old."
~~~~~
Too Funny.

But what do you say after that?....

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is funny Donnetta. I really can't think of a come-back. We just will always look ancient to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Ya gotta love kids...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~