5.11.2010

Fact, Faith and Feeling

Fact, Faith, and Feeling were sitting on the wall. Feeling fell off and grabbed on to Faith, pulling Faith down. Fact grabbed Faith and held Faith up. Eventually, Fact pulled Faith back up which then eventually brought Feeling back up.
~~~~~~~~~~
There are times when I can not trust the feelings (or lack thereof) to dictate the state of my relationship with Christ. It's in those times when I don't seem to feel God and His presence that my faith becomes based strictly on the facts of what I know of God, who He is, and His promises.

I have to believe that holding on to what I know to be true in my mind will once again resound loud and clear in my heart. That once again I will feel the presence of God, feel His love, and sense His moving, working, and leading.

It's in the times that I don't experience all of the feelings that my faith becomes a conscience daily decision. Perhaps that is even more of a sign of my submission and commitment to Him than when things are going well and feeling right.

For now, it's "just the fact's ma'am." That is what is holding my faith up.

3 comments:

  1. Have you been listening to my prayers lately? This post sounds similar to things I have said to God lately.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. True words. I cannot tell you the times in the past couple years I have had to sit myself down and give me a stern talking to! Reminding myself of what I know to be true about God.

    And you know what?

    Works much better than trying to molly coddle myself.

    Keep speaking truth to yourself, out loud if need be.

    God will never abandon you or forsake you. He loves you, you are His, and He is yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donnetta, thank you. You have just voiced what I've been feeling. There are times I feel very far from God and don't know if its because of my lack of faith. However, I know God. I know Christ. Sometimes, that's enough.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~