If you've been hanging out here this week, you know I've been largely occupied by one thing, pain and healing.
Thankfully, I am feeling so much better with each day!
As I have been thinking back over my week, I discovered blessings in the middle of it all.
Here are five favorite things that surfaced from my not so fun experience of this past week.
1. Home: I am so thankful I was home when the pain hit. Exactly one week earlier I was away on a trip. How miserable that would have been to experience in the 4 walls of a hotel room.
2. Canceled Track: The make up meet from last weeks canceled meet was once again canceled due to weather. There is no way I would have made it. The cancellation made it so I didn't have to miss one of my son's track meets.
3. Prayers: During this time my thoughts turned to friends enduring experiences so much more painful and difficult. I found myself increasing the intensity of prayers for them and their situations. I also found myself encouraged and inspired in greater measure by their consistent faith in the midst of their journeys.
4. Snuggled Reading: The little guy is normally busy, busy, busy. He started a new routine this last week. As I was laying on the couch, he would bring me a book and ask to be "up". I would sit him beside me and we would read. One evening I dozed off while reading. When I stirred again a few moments later, he was still sitting right there, turning pages. Ahhhh...
5. Well Wishes: Last but certainly NOT LEAST: The prayers and well wishes from each of you have definitely been a favorite! I have returned to the comments and e-mails often, re-reading each one. They have been like cards lining my window sill as an encouragement to my own heart. Thank You!
Have you had a not so fun event in your week? Have you taken the time to find a blessing in it? If not, I encourage you to do so. It is a great exercise for bringing perspective into focus.
What favorite thing has surfaced from your not so fun experience?
Thanks to Susanne who hosts favorite five each week, challenging us to find favorites regardless of what the week has held.