12.04.2009

Friday's Fave Five:

It's Friday. That means it's time for five of my favorite things from this week hosted by Susanne. Again, a twist on my list. I was not feeling well the majority of this week. This list is five of my favorite things with that in mind.

1. My Garage: This week as I drove my son to school, I was consistently seeing streaks of frost on windows that had been scraped to see through. Having my garage means I don't have to add scraping windows to my morning routine. A favorite in general but especially when I was struggling to just be in the car.

2. Day 9: Today is day 9 of my burning throat, pounding head, deep cough, achy body crud. Finally, the day I am actually starting to feel like this might come to an end!

3. American Sign Language: We have been teaching and using ASL with our little guy. It alleviates a lot of whining and crying when he wants something. This week it worked even more to my advantage having a sore throat and losing my voice. I would sign to him and he knew what I was saying!

4. Electric Blanket: Oh so nice to crawl under at the end of each day, not only because the nights are getting oh so cold... bbrrrr... but being sick it felt like one huge heating pad for my achy body.... aaahhhh...

5. Prepared Blog Posts:It doesn't happen often, but my posts this week were ready ahead of time. If that hadn't been the case, I'm afraid there wouldn't have been much to offer here this week. I'm curious, do you ever prepare blog posts ahead of time? Or are they type and publish in the moment?

~~~~~~~~~~
So, that has been my week. I've been mostly in resting and recovery mode. Being ill has been a good reminder of how much I take my health for granted. Really, I have nothing to complain about!

Susanne said in her FFF post today, "Hopefully you've had a good week. If not sometimes the best exercise there is is to look for the little things that were favorites."

I couldn't agree more and that's exactly what I've done this week! Thanks Susanne for keeping the challenge before us!

Lack of energy has kept me in survival mode doing the bare essentials of living. I haven't been able to keep up with much else this week, including stopping by your place.

So tell me, what has filled your week?


8 comments:

  1. Oh yes - a car parked in a garage in the winter. No scraping frost in the morning - a treat especially if you're not feeling well. And I feel the same way about my electric blanket - so cozy.

    Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do prepare some of my posts in advance, and others I do on a whim. All depends on the timing and what I have to say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - by the way, I tagged you in a meme if you have time (like you're not busy enough, right? ;D ).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the garage too and it doesn't even snow here!

    I never prepare posts ahead of time, that's why there is sometimes a few days between. I'm not nearly organized enough to do that! :)

    The Santas my MIL gives us are called Clothtique (spelling may be wrong).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost always do my posts ahead of time. I have some ready to go through January! But my Friday post is real time so I leave it until Thursday afternoon sometime.

    I hope you continue to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very thankful for my garage too. Especially as it's blizzarding and I see people literally shovelling the snow off their cars.

    So cool that you are doing sign language with your little one. That is a life time skill too.

    Hope you continue to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor you! I do hope you see some rapid improvement this week in your health. What a great idea to use ASL with your little boy and how handy is that, when your throat is sore!

    As for scheduled posts, I do very few of those, I think because I just can't think that far in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that not having to scrape windshields is a major advantage of having a garage!

    I hope you're feeling better by now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~