3.22.2015

God Speaking: What Might it Look Like?

How does God speak?  When someone says that He spoke to them through a song, what might that look like?

As I was driving, the song "Always" by Kristian Stanfill came on the radio.  As I listened, God's very own Word began to insert itself in my mind all through the song.  This is a snapshot of what that looked like and how I believe that God sometimes speaks to me through music.

(The words in italics are words of the song.  The words bolded are the words that flooded my mind during the song, straight from God's Word.)

~~~~~
My foes are many, they rise against me, But I will hold my ground
"Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord is going to bring to you today." Ex. 14:13 

Troubles surround me, chaos abounding... My soul will rest in You
"Be still and know that I am God." Ps. 46:10

I will not fear the war, I will not fear the storm
"Do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed for I am your God." Is. 41:10a

My help is on the way, my help is on the way 
Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
"God is our refuge and strength." Ps. 46:1

I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always 
"The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still." Ex. 14: 14

I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord.... 
"Where does my help come from?  My help comes from the Lord" Ps. 121:1b-2a
~~~~~~

Did you notice that I was driving?  That means my Bible was not immediately available to reference.  Although each of these references did not come to mind and I've had to look them up for this post, the words of the verses themselves did come to mind!

Are you spending regular time in God's Word so that you would recognize His voice and He could speak to you in the middle of your day, even while you are driving?

I want to be doing it more and more!  I want to be so immersed in His Word that every moment verses (His Word) are coming to mind and I recognize His voice to me personally!


Here is the song in it's entirety...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~