1.31.2014

Darkness Praise #4: Unredeemed

 "Circumstances may appear to wreck our lives but God is not amongst the ruins.  When God seems the most absent, He is indeed the most present." ~Carol Kent

..."Surely the Lord is in this place, and I was not aware of it." ~ Gen. 28:16b

Read about my Darkness Praise series here 


 

Unredeemed by Selah

The cruelest word, the coldest heart
The deepest wound, the endless dark
The lonely ache, the burning tears
The bitter nights, the wasted years
Life breaks and falls apart
But we know these are

CHORUS:
Places where grace is soon to be so amazing
They may be unfulfilled, they may be unrestored
But when anything that's shattered
Is laid before the Lord
Just watch and see, it will not be unredeemed

For every choice that led to shame
And all the love that never came
For every vow that someone broke
And every life that gave up hope
We live in the shadow of the fall
But the cross says these are all

[Chorus]

Oh, He will wipe every tear
Will not be beyond unredeemed

Places where grace is soon to be so amazing
They may be unfulfilled, they may be unrestored
But you never know the miracle the Father has in store
Just watch and see, it will not be
Just watch and see, it will not be unredeemed


 

4 comments:

  1. Lostmichelle1:30 PM

    I have a friend that would agree with you. We both rarely blame the enemy. I am probably more likely to think that He tempts me. However, I am the one that falls into that temptation. He doesn't need to push me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susanne4:03 PM

    We had this discussion in bible study in the recent past. I think God allows things at times into our lives so that what is in our hearts can surface and God can change us and that we would hopefully, draw closer to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MyQuietCorner2:39 PM

    I think you're right. Sometimes it's our own carnal nature without even needing the enemy to step in. Great insight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MyQuietCorner2:41 PM

    Yes, I am learning the truth of this more and more. I am trying to be better at responding to difficult things with "How can I become more like Jesus in this?". A skill, I'm finding for myself, that takes time and intentionality to develop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~