8.18.2011

When God Appears Where You Least Expect Him

Have you ever noticed God show up in the most unlikeliest of places?  Have you ever asked Him to reveal Himself to you in any given day, only to notice that if you hadn't been watching for Him you just may have missed it?

This last weekend found me out of town for work.  While in the lobby I noticed myself quietly singing along to the song coming over the speaker.  It caught me off guard... because it was a song played on Christian radio.  I was instantly aware and reminded that I was not alone.

Yesterday at work, while in the office of one of the staff, the radio was playing quietly in the background.  It caught me off guard... because it was a song played on Christian radio.  But not just any radio.  It was the exact station I often listen to.  I was instantly aware and reminded that I was not alone.

God appeared where I least expected Him.

When was the last time you asked for God to reveal Himself in the day to day of life?  The ordinary.  The mundane. 

When was the last time you noticed that prayer answered in a seemingly small way?  Small enough that if you hadn't been looking, you just may have missed it.

How and when has God appeared where you least expected Him?

5 comments:

  1. It's so true - when are actively seeking Him and actively aware that He is always with us - then he often will bless us by speaking to us in a way that makes personal sense to our individual souls - what a wonderful God!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS ... where do you cotribute on Crosswalk.com?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often miss it until after the fact....then kick myself because He was there all the time! Trying to listen more closely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems to be a theme that has been running through my days for a very long time Donnetta - this seeking Him. I found Him today tucked among blog posts like yours. I was feeling just a tad overwhelmed and even reading my Bible didn't seem to help. When I got on-line and began reading, He seemed to quietly calm my heart. I'm not even sure what it was in particular - just a sense of peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when God does that. Something happens -- a little blessing, a pleasant surprise, some thought lurking in the background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~