In case you were wondering, I have not forgotten you all or this place. I wish I could say that life for us has been as quiet as the words on these pages have been the last few weeks.
We have had a visitor in our family since the first week in August. I had not intended for my current break to last this long, but the visitor is being quite stubborn, refusing to leave and draining every ounce of extra energy or time that I have. Although the visitor did give us one week of reprieve, every other week since Aug. 1 has included our visitor... and frankly I'm quite done!
Our visitor's name?.... Pneumonia
It started with our two older children being diagnosed and very ill with it. It then moved on to the little guy whose visit to urgent care just this morning revealed he is still in full battle against it. And to top it all off, now my hubby is very ill with it as diagnosed by our urgent care trip this morning.
Four out of the five of us have had a diagnosis of pneumonia in the last six weeks. All 3 of the children have had more than one antibiotic as the first ones weren't working, and 2 of them have had allergic reactions to antibiotics. Three of them have required breathing treatments every 4 hours in one form or another.
And amazingly, in the middle of all of this, some other big events have also taken place in these last few weeks:
* We had a week long family vacation with strict orders from the doctor to make it a resting vacation only.
* The oldest got his braces off.
* School started. It's official. We now have a High schooler and our daughter is in Jr. High.
* I worked one week of full time with my hubby doing the "Mr. Mom" thing. Both of us discovered a renewed appreciation of the days we each one encounter on a regular basis.
* I have completed 3 of the books waiting for their big reveal and giveaway and the 4th one is underway. Some FANTASTIC reads!!! More to come on this...
* I received a Kindle as a B-Day gift from my hubby. Now to just get a book or 2 downloaded. Any recommendations?
As for blogging, interestingly enough, in the past I have gone into each break pursuing whether to continue or not.
I entered this break fully intending to come back in full force. However, recent days have left me pondering, seeking and questioning my blogging and how/if it still fits for me. Not sure if my thinking is stemming from reality or sheer exhaustion?...
So, until things settle down in my world, a final decision one way or the other will not be made! Any thoughts, feedback or otherwise you'd like to share regarding this would be welcome.
In the middle of it all, God is stretching me, challenging me, growing me, convicting me and giving my head and heart a workout like it's not had for quite some time. I am so grateful He never ceases to change me or give up on me as a hopeless cause!