2.25.2010

Just to be close

This is peanut. She was insisting that she be on my lap. No, she was insisting on being in my face. Which is manageable, except when I am needing to do other things!

Numerous times I would put her back down. Numerous times she would jump right back up.

After this repeated routine, I realized it had stopped. I looked down and this is what I saw.


She had plopped down on the hard wood floor right beside me. Her back was right up against the leg of an end table. She was actually laying on the floor. That hard, cold floor. It was as if she was trying to say, "I just want to be close to you". And she made sure she was... regardless of the cost.

I paused to consider. How often do I want to be so close to God, to rest in his lap, to spend some time with Him... that I am willing to sacrifice a bit of what I consider comfort in order to be near Him?

The good news? He never places me out of his lap. When I don't find myself there it is because I have climbed down, not because He set me aside.

When He sees me willing to sacrifice comfort, He scoops me up into His loving arms and holds me ever so close. He loves to "love" on me. He will do the same for you.

The time to be near Him does not magically appear. I must be persistent, purposeful, intentional and determined to make it happen. Just as Peanut was to be on my lap.

He is there waiting for me. The question is... what am I willing to give up, to sacrifice, to do... just to be close to Him?

3 comments:

  1. Sweet. I need to take a picture of what mine does. You have an obedient cat, mine jumps up on the table (where my laptop is) and sits there and bats my nose with his paws. It is annoying after 5 mins. ha.

    I loved reading your reflection something to chew on for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture. And how true that He doesn't put us down out of His lap, we are the ones who crawl off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE how you see God in such simple life things. :)
    XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~