1.30.2010

I Came...

Lord,

I came to You sad.
You did not say, "Be happy."
Instead,
You cried with me;
my tears rolled down Your cheeks
so great was Your love/ pain for me.
I did not have to be anything when I came to You
but me.

I came to You frazzled.
You did not say, "Be calm."
Instead,
You took my hand and said,
"Tell me about it...."
I told You
and in the telling I was calmed.
I did not have to be anything when I came to You
but me.

I came to You absorbed in myself.
You did not say, "You're too introspective."
Instead,
You waited around
until I could reach beyond myself,
until I was released from myself.
I did not have to be anything when I came to You
but me.

I came to You just as I was.
You welcomed me into Your arms.
You gave me myself,
and the gift was priceless.


From Longing for Love: Conversations with a Compassionate Heavenly Father
By Ruth Senter

5 comments:

  1. I was going to comment on your Friday Faves that I'm so pleased God has allowed you to see the fruits of your labor and His faithfulness. What encouragement to see how God uses you in people's lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I loved this. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend, do not hide how God is moving in your life; that is something that we all desire. Being able to share your heart as you do is powerful, beyond words...please do not worry how others will percieve that.

    As for me, I was going to share that the encouragement I received last week was from reading your Friday Faves post.

    God is good my Donnetta, and you are a blessing to me! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have my copy of the book from when we were RAs. I've read it several times.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~